Entertainment One Films has picked up North American rights to Walter, starring The Walking Dead‘s Andrew J. West with a supporting cast that includes William H. Macy, Virginia Madsen, Neve Campbell, and more. West stars as Walter, a movie theater ticket taker who believes he’s the son of God and that it’s his duty to judge whether people are bound for Heaven or Hell. Anna Mastro directed and Paul Shoulberg adapted the screenplay from his own short story. Peter Facinelli, Justin Kirk, Jim Gaffigan, Milo Ventimiglia, and Levin Rambin also star. Ryan Harris, Brenden Patrick Hill, Christine Holder, Mark Holder and Benito Mueller produced Walter and Bill Johnson, Jennifer Laurent, Michel Merkt and Wolfgang Mueller executive produced. A day and date theatrical/VOD release is planned for the spring. EOne’s Katharyn Howe negotiated the deal with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers. Beta Cinema will rep the film’s international rights at AFM next month.
EOne Acquires Comedy ‘Walter’ Starring ‘The Walking Dead’s Andrew J. West
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Film News
- Jay Pharoah, Katt Williams, Keke Palmer In Lionsgate Laffer ‘#Twominutesoffame’
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele: Scaring Up Racial Dialogue By Fusing Genre With Polemic
- Raza Jaffrey Cast In ‘The Rhythm Section’
- ‘Don’t Talk To Irene’ Filmmaker Pat Mills Signs With Verve
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The…
- Millennium Pacts In Exclusive Deal With ‘Curious George’ Rey Estate For Origin Story