The LAPD has found the Ed Sullivan statue that was swiped from the TV Academy’s Hall of Fame Plaza on Sunday. North Hollywood detectives said the piece — estimated to be worth $45,000, making it grand theft — is in good condition but offered no details about how or where it was recovered or potential suspects. The investigation is ongoing. The solid bronze statue, which weighs about 20 pounds and stands 18 inches tall, was being displayed on a pedestal in an outdoor exhibit, along with statues of several other TV personalities and pioneers who have been inducted into the Academy’s Hall of Fame.
Police Recover TV Academy’s Stolen Ed Sullivan Statue, But Investigation Continues
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention