In the wake of The Conjuring spinoff Annabelle screaming up close to $167M worldwide, Warner Bros. is moving New Line’s sequel The Conjuring 2, out of its Oct. 23, 2015 spot into 2016. In place of Conjuring 2‘s old spot, Warner Bros./New Line will be releasing an untitled horror film on Oct. 23. The first Conjuring was a global success, minting $318M off a $20M production budget. Annabelle, which is currently in release in 52 overseas markets in addition to the U.S./Canada, will unspool Thursday in Mexico. Those horror films in New Line’s wheelhouse which could possibly take over Conjuring 2‘s old Oct. 23 spot are Phil Claydon’s Crawlspace, which stars Bates Motel‘s Michael Vartan as a widower who moves into a seemingly perfect new home with his daughter and new wife, as well as Superstition, the Blumhouse-360 Film production that New Line acquired back in June; its first pickup in eight years. Superstition, directed by first-time helmers Chris Lofing and Travis Cluff, revolves around a family that moves into a house that was once the site of a witch’s execution. Whatever title bows on Oct. 23 next year will have to scare all the girls out of the auditoriums that are playing Universal’s Jem and the Holograms; the only wide release competition at this point in time.
‘Conjuring 2’ Moves To 2016; New Line Sets Untitled Horror Film In October 2015 Spot
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- ‘Chappaquiddick’ Jumps Out Of Thanksgiving; ‘Hostiles’ Gallops Into Awards Season
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Review: Slimmer And Sillier, Harvey Fierstein’s ‘Torch Song’ Is Revived With Michael Urie…
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura On Moviegoing In A Streaming World: “We Still Have The Advantage Of Spectacle”
- 'The Killing Of A Sacred Deer', Todd Haynes' 'Wonderstruck' Bow This Weekend – Specialty B.O. Preview