Here’s our first look at Bradley Cooper as Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, the undisputed most lethal sniper in U.S. history. Clint Eastwood directs American Sniper from a script by Jason Hall based on Kyle’s memoir, which spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list. Sienna Miller, Jake McDorman, Luke Grimes, Navid Negahban and Keir O’Donnell co-star in the film, which Steven Spielberg originally was set to direct as his follow-up to Lincoln. He dropped out in August 2013. It follows Kyle’s journey from rodeo cowboy to SEAL Chief with the highest number of sniper kills in U.S. military history. Eastwood, Robert Lorenz, Andrew Lazar, Bradley Cooper and Peter Morgan are producers, with Tim Moore, Jason Hall, Sheroum Kim and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. Warner Bros opens the film, presented in association with Village Roadshow, on Christmas Day.
‘American Sniper’ Trailer: First Look At Clint Eastwood’s Film Starring Bradley Cooper
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Video News
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- CNN Apologizes To Trump Team For Producer’s Plane-Crash Crack Caught On Camera
- ‘Mariah’s World’ & ‘Star’ Review: E! Show Barely Glitters; Lee Daniels’ Drama Shines
- ‘Hamilton’ World Dominance Continues With Questlove, Regina Spektor ‘Mixtape’ Launch
- How Annette Bening Morphed Into Director Mike Mills’ Own Mother On ’20th Century Women’ – The…
- ‘Miss Sloane’ Review: Explosive Political Thriller Gives Jessica Chastain One Of Her Best Roles