Here’s our first look at Bradley Cooper as Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, the undisputed most lethal sniper in U.S. history. Clint Eastwood directs American Sniper from a script by Jason Hall based on Kyle’s memoir, which spent 13 weeks at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list. Sienna Miller, Jake McDorman, Luke Grimes, Navid Negahban and Keir O’Donnell co-star in the film, which Steven Spielberg originally was set to direct as his follow-up to Lincoln. He dropped out in August 2013. It follows Kyle’s journey from rodeo cowboy to SEAL Chief with the highest number of sniper kills in U.S. military history. Eastwood, Robert Lorenz, Andrew Lazar, Bradley Cooper and Peter Morgan are producers, with Tim Moore, Jason Hall, Sheroum Kim and Bruce Berman serving as executive producers. Warner Bros opens the film, presented in association with Village Roadshow, on Christmas Day.
‘American Sniper’ Trailer: First Look At Clint Eastwood’s Film Starring Bradley Cooper
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $26.5M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Friday
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
Latest Video News
- Seth Meyers To Donald Trump: “You’re Broke!”
- ‘Scream Queens’ Season 2 Promo: Will These Med Students Bother To Learn About Anesthesia?
- Seth Meyers Takes ‘A Closer Look’ At Hillary Clinton’s Speech & More
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America’s On A Roll!”
- Stephen Colbert Welcomes Comedy Central ‘Broad City’ Talent To ‘Late Show’