Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek, American Horror Story) and Brian Cox (Nuremberg) have been cast opposite Peter Sarsgaard and Mary-Louise Parker in NBC’s upcoming miniseries The Slap. Based on the 2011 Australian short-run series, The Slap is described as a complex family drama that explodes from one small incident where a man slaps another couple’s misbehaving child. The seemingly minor domestic dispute pulls the family apart, begins to expose long-held secrets, and ignites a lawsuit that challenges the core American values of all who are pulled into it. Quinto will play Harry. Married and with a 15-year-old son, he is a mechanic/dealer specializing in expensive European automobiles who lives with his family in a Brooklyn loft. Always trying to pick a fight, he messes with the wrong guy when he slaps another couple’s horribly misbehaving child. Cox will play Manolis, the bearded patriarch of the family. Quinto won an Indie Spirit Award for Margin Call and received an Emmy nom for American Horror Story. Cox is an Emmy winner and Golden Globe nominee for Nuremberg as well as an Emmy nominee for Frasier.
Zachary Quinto & Brian Cox Join NBC Miniseries ‘The Slap’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January