Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek, American Horror Story) and Brian Cox (Nuremberg) have been cast opposite Peter Sarsgaard and Mary-Louise Parker in NBC’s upcoming miniseries The Slap. Based on the 2011 Australian short-run series, The Slap is described as a complex family drama that explodes from one small incident where a man slaps another couple’s misbehaving child. The seemingly minor domestic dispute pulls the family apart, begins to expose long-held secrets, and ignites a lawsuit that challenges the core American values of all who are pulled into it. Quinto will play Harry. Married and with a 15-year-old son, he is a mechanic/dealer specializing in expensive European automobiles who lives with his family in a Brooklyn loft. Always trying to pick a fight, he messes with the wrong guy when he slaps another couple’s horribly misbehaving child. Cox will play Manolis, the bearded patriarch of the family. Quinto won an Indie Spirit Award for Margin Call and received an Emmy nom for American Horror Story. Cox is an Emmy winner and Golden Globe nominee for Nuremberg as well as an Emmy nominee for Frasier.
Zachary Quinto & Brian Cox Join NBC Miniseries ‘The Slap’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show
- ‘Turn: Washington’s Spies’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date; AMC Unveils Key Art
- TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
- ABC Sets Season Finale Dates
- Seth Meyers & Stephen Colbert Take On Donald Trump’s First 100 Days