Coming off a starring role opposite Keifer Sutherland on the Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, Yvonne Strahovski has been tapped as one of the leads in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. It marks Chuck alumna Strahovski’s reunion with the NBC spy dramedy’s co-creator Schwartz, who exec produces Astronaut Wives Club alongside Savage. Written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book and directed by Lone Scherfig, the ABC series tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Strahovski will play Rene Carpenter, an independent and confident astronaut wife who awakens to a high calling in politics, civil rights and women’s issues. Strahovski, repped by Paradigm and McKeon Myones, will complete filming during the next two months before heading into production on Manhattan Nocturne, opposite Adrien Brody.
Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC’s ‘Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks