Coming off a starring role opposite Keifer Sutherland on the Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, Yvonne Strahovski has been tapped as one of the leads in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. It marks Chuck alumna Strahovski’s reunion with the NBC spy dramedy’s co-creator Schwartz, who exec produces Astronaut Wives Club alongside Savage. Written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book and directed by Lone Scherfig, the ABC series tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Strahovski will play Rene Carpenter, an independent and confident astronaut wife who awakens to a high calling in politics, civil rights and women’s issues. Strahovski, repped by Paradigm and McKeon Myones, will complete filming during the next two months before heading into production on Manhattan Nocturne, opposite Adrien Brody.
Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC’s ‘Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dory' Ruling Independence Day B.O. With $52M+; 'Purge: Election Year' Slaying 'Tarzan', 'BFG' With $31M+
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Info From L.A. Celebrities
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Returns Steady As ‘Roadies’ Debuts Low In Live+3
- ‘Code Black’ Adds Nafessa Williams, Noah Gray-Cabey & Emily Tyra For Season 2
- ‘The Daily Show’ Bids Farewell To Jessica Williams With Highlight Reel & Hugs
- ‘Greatest Hits’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Big Brother’ Steady As ‘Spartan’ Soars
- Amazon, PBS Extend & Expand Streaming Deal For Kids Series