Coming off a starring role opposite Keifer Sutherland on the Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, Yvonne Strahovski has been tapped as one of the leads in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. It marks Chuck alumna Strahovski’s reunion with the NBC spy dramedy’s co-creator Schwartz, who exec produces Astronaut Wives Club alongside Savage. Written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book and directed by Lone Scherfig, the ABC series tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Strahovski will play Rene Carpenter, an independent and confident astronaut wife who awakens to a high calling in politics, civil rights and women’s issues. Strahovski, repped by Paradigm and McKeon Myones, will complete filming during the next two months before heading into production on Manhattan Nocturne, opposite Adrien Brody.
Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC’s ‘Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike