Coming off a starring role opposite Keifer Sutherland on the Fox event series 24: Live Another Day, Yvonne Strahovski has been tapped as one of the leads in ABC’s 10-episode drama series The Astronaut Wives Club, from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Groundswell Productions and ABC Studios. It marks Chuck alumna Strahovski’s reunion with the NBC spy dramedy’s co-creator Schwartz, who exec produces Astronaut Wives Club alongside Savage. Written by Savage based on Lily Koppel’s book and directed by Lone Scherfig, the ABC series tells the real story of the women who stood beside some of the biggest heroes in American history during the height of the space race. Strahovski will play Rene Carpenter, an independent and confident astronaut wife who awakens to a high calling in politics, civil rights and women’s issues. Strahovski, repped by Paradigm and McKeon Myones, will complete filming during the next two months before heading into production on Manhattan Nocturne, opposite Adrien Brody.
Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC’s ‘Astronaut Wives Club’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’: Michael Emerson Set To Recur In Season 4
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA