The Sunday episode of X Factor UK was down 1.7M viewers on last year’s equivalent installment, according to overnight ratings. And that’s with Simon Cowell back on the judging panel. After Saturday night’s debut scored the best series launch since 2011, last night’s viewers tallied 8.2M and a 34.9 share. That was a drop of 1.3M viewers from Saturday’s 9.5M in overnights. The Sunday edition of X Factor was nevertheless the most watched show of the night, peaking with 9.4M viewers and a 38 share, according to ITV. It was notably up against BBC One’s Countryfile and BBC Two’s Dragon’s Den. Next week it is expected to face stiffer competition from BBC One with the season 12 launch of popular reality competition Strictly Come Dancing whose scheduling Cowell has said is an attempt to damage his show. Here’s the cycle 11 X Factor UK promo with judges Cheryl (Cole) Fernandez-Versni, Mel B, Louis Walsh and Cowell:
‘X Factor UK’ With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'