The Biggest Loser's couples editions have been among the veteran NBC reality series' most popular cycles. Now NBC is exploring another original unscripted format that involves couples losing weight. Weight For Love, from 5x5 Media (King Of The Nerds) and Warner Horizon TV, is an hourlong transformational series of self-contained episodes. It features overweight couples who commit to separate for a long period of time in order to regain their health, then reunite in an emotional reveal. The show is holding casting calls in Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles over the next two weeks. The project is cast-contingent, with a series pickup by NBC hinging on the producers' success in finding compelling participants.
NBC Eyes Weight Loss Reality Series For Couples
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres
- ‘Parenthood’ Ends Run On High Ratings Note, ‘Scandal’ Up In Return, Pushes ‘Backstrom’ Down In Week…
- NBC Comedy ‘Undateable’ Spoofs ‘Chicago Fire’ In Super Bowl Spot
- Neil Patrick Harris’ NBC Variety Series Gets Super Bowl Promo