The Biggest Loser‘s couples editions have been among the veteran NBC reality series’ most popular cycles. Now NBC is exploring another original unscripted format that involves couples losing weight. Weight For Love, from 5×5 Media (King Of The Nerds) and Warner Horizon TV, is an hourlong transformational series of self-contained episodes. It features overweight couples who commit to separate for a long period of time in order to regain their health, then reunite in an emotional reveal. The show is holding casting calls in Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles over the next two weeks. The project is cast-contingent, with a series pickup by NBC hinging on the producers’ success in finding compelling participants.
NBC Eyes Weight Loss Reality Series For Couples
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'