The Biggest Loser‘s couples editions have been among the veteran NBC reality series’ most popular cycles. Now NBC is exploring another original unscripted format that involves couples losing weight. Weight For Love, from 5×5 Media (King Of The Nerds) and Warner Horizon TV, is an hourlong transformational series of self-contained episodes. It features overweight couples who commit to separate for a long period of time in order to regain their health, then reunite in an emotional reveal. The show is holding casting calls in Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles over the next two weeks. The project is cast-contingent, with a series pickup by NBC hinging on the producers’ success in finding compelling participants.
NBC Eyes Weight Loss Reality Series For Couples
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series