The Biggest Loser‘s couples editions have been among the veteran NBC reality series’ most popular cycles. Now NBC is exploring another original unscripted format that involves couples losing weight. Weight For Love, from 5×5 Media (King Of The Nerds) and Warner Horizon TV, is an hourlong transformational series of self-contained episodes. It features overweight couples who commit to separate for a long period of time in order to regain their health, then reunite in an emotional reveal. The show is holding casting calls in Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles over the next two weeks. The project is cast-contingent, with a series pickup by NBC hinging on the producers’ success in finding compelling participants.
NBC Eyes Weight Loss Reality Series For Couples
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- CMT Hires Two New Marketing & Programming Executives, Promotes Two
- ‘American Horror Story’ Unveils Season 6 Logo
- Aharon Ipalé Dies: ‘The Mummy’ Actor Was 74
- Drew Barrymore Circling Talk Show From Warner Bros TV
- Ellie Reed Cast In Netflix Comedy Series ‘Girlboss’, Signs With CAA
- Publicist Kasey Kitchen Joins East 2 West Collective