The Biggest Loser‘s couples editions have been among the veteran NBC reality series’ most popular cycles. Now NBC is exploring another original unscripted format that involves couples losing weight. Weight For Love, from 5×5 Media (King Of The Nerds) and Warner Horizon TV, is an hourlong transformational series of self-contained episodes. It features overweight couples who commit to separate for a long period of time in order to regain their health, then reunite in an emotional reveal. The show is holding casting calls in Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles over the next two weeks. The project is cast-contingent, with a series pickup by NBC hinging on the producers’ success in finding compelling participants.
NBC Eyes Weight Loss Reality Series For Couples
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot