It looks like the Toronto Film Festival has unearthed another Oscar-caliber gem. Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond says the Stephen Hawking love story that just had its world premiere is a contender in both Best Picture and the acting categories. He also weighs in on Chris Rock’s Top Five (amid an eight-figure bidding war for the pic), Reese Witherspoon’s The Good Lie and This Is Where I Leave You.
Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand ‘Theory’ And More (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…