EXCLUSIVE: Writer-director Javier Fuentes-León’s whodunit pays homage to Hollywood film noir and the reality-twisting fictions of Jorge Luis Borges and Julio Cortázar. The Vanished Elephant, which has its premiere Saturday at Toronto, stars Salvador del Solar as a crime novelist whose fiancée has been missing for seven years. He is given a clue to the mystery by a woman (Angie Cepeda) whose ex-husband died the same day the writer’s betrothed vanished. Lucho Cáceres, Tatiana Astengo, Vanessa Saba, Andrés Parra also star in the Peru-Colombia-Spain co-production. Mundial is selling international rights at TIFF. Watch the trailer above.
Hot Toronto Clip: ‘The Vanished Elephant’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'