Riley Keough (The Runaways, Magic Mike) has signed on as the female lead for The Girlfriend Experience, a 13-part anthology series inspired by Steven Soderbergh‘s 2009 Magnolia Pictures film. Soderbergh and Philip Fleishman executive produce the half-hour series, from Transactional Pictures, which explores the relationships of the most exclusive courtesans who provide their clients with far more than just sex. These purveyors – or GFEs (Girlfriend Experience) – share intimacies more common to romantic partners or husbands and wives, becoming quasi-lovers and confidants who are richly paid for their time. Soderbergh and Fleishman exec produce along with independent filmmakers Lodge Kerrigan and Amy Seimetz, who will also write and direct on the series.
Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh’s ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ On Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Dory' Posts Record Second Weekend For Animated Movie As Fireworks Die For 'Resurgence'; 'Shallows' Chomps $16M+
Latest TV News
- ‘Hap And Leonard’ Renewed For Season 2 At SundanceTV – Update
- Siegfried & Roy To Exec Produce Story Of Their Lives; AMC Global Takes ‘The Terror’ Overseas – Global Briefs
- John Oliver Dissects Brexit Vote, Warns Americans: “There Are No F***ing Do-overs”
- BET Awards Winners: ‘Straight Outta Compton’, Beyonce, Michael B. Jordan & More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Jesse Williams Gives Impassioned Speech On Civil Rights & Police Violence At BET…
- ‘Veep’ EP On Season 5 Finale, What’s Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Return & Hugh…