Riley Keough (The Runaways, Magic Mike) has signed on as the female lead for The Girlfriend Experience, a 13-part anthology series inspired by Steven Soderbergh‘s 2009 Magnolia Pictures film. Soderbergh and Philip Fleishman executive produce the half-hour series, from Transactional Pictures, which explores the relationships of the most exclusive courtesans who provide their clients with far more than just sex. These purveyors – or GFEs (Girlfriend Experience) – share intimacies more common to romantic partners or husbands and wives, becoming quasi-lovers and confidants who are richly paid for their time. Soderbergh and Fleishman exec produce along with independent filmmakers Lodge Kerrigan and Amy Seimetz, who will also write and direct on the series.
Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh’s ‘The Girlfriend Experience’ On Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Iron Fist’ EP Scott Buck Set To Showrun Marvel’s ‘The Inhumans’ For ABC
- ASC Awards: HBO & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Lead TV Noms
- Ryan Murphy Named Publicists Guild’s Television Showman Of The Year
- FX Networks Exec Nicole Clemens Joins Anonymous As Manager & Producer
- FX Networks Promotes Gina Balian & Jonathan Frank As Nicole Clemens Exits
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs To Receive Pioneer Award At CinemaCon