The veteran record producer and music industry executive died September 1 of cancer at his Los Angeles home. David Anderle was 77. During a 35-year career, he worked with such storied acts as the Doors, Frank Zappa, Kris Kristofferson, Rita Coolidge and Delaney & Bonnie and served as music supervisor for numerous films including Good Morning, Vietnam, The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, Scrooged and Soul Man. His friendship with the Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson led to the creation of Brother Records, the first artist-run label, in late 1966 — following Capitol Records’ infamous bad reaction to the Beach Boys’ album Smile. The Los Angeles native began his music career in 1964 as the West Coast Talent Director for MGM, moving to West Coast Operations Director for Elektra in 1968 before beginning his long stint with Jerry Moss and Herb Alpert as SVP A&R at A&M Records. He retired in 1999, having also worked with such artists as Van Dyke Parks, Sheryl Crow, Judy Collins, Amy Grant, Aaron Neville, Chris De Burgh, Ozark Mountain Daredevils and the Circle Jerks.
R.I.P. Music Executive & Producer David Anderle
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou