EXCLUSIVE: The Orchard has acquired North American rights to horror-thriller Preservation, from writer-director Christopher Denham. As an actor, Denham’s credits include Argo, Shutter Island, Sound Of My Voice, and WGN America’s nuclear drama Manhattan. Preservation marks his second film as writer-director following 2008’s Home Movie. Pablo Schreiber (Orange Is The New Black, The Wire), Aaron Staton (Mad Men), and Wrenn Schmidt (Boardwalk Empire) star in the tale of brothers Sean and Mike, who embark on a hunting trip deep into an overgrown nature preserve with Mike’s wife. When the trio finds their gear stolen, fear and paranoia take over. Preservation debuted in April at the Tribeca Film Festival, where the Orchard also picked up horror pic The Canal. As with that October 10 release, the Orchard will co-market Preservation with horror brand Shock Til You Drop. Preservation will open in a 10-market theatrical run along with digital, cable, home video, and satellite premiere in January. Present Pictures’ Jennifer Dubin and Cora Olson are co-producers on the film. The Orchard’s Craig Sussman negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller ‘Preservation’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $25M-$26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Murky; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Late Night B.O. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest Business News
- Scrap California Film Incentives? Nonpartisan State Analyst Says Maybe – Again
- Can CBS And Viacom Investors See Eye-To-Eye On Merger Numbers?
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Media Stocks Share Gains In Generally Upbeat Q3 Market
- Hollywood & Broadway To Put On Big-Money Show For Hillary Clinton
- Anonymous Content Finds Its New Strategic Partner: Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective