EXCLUSIVE: The Orchard has acquired North American rights to horror-thriller Preservation, from writer-director Christopher Denham. As an actor, Denham’s credits include Argo, Shutter Island, Sound Of My Voice, and WGN America’s nuclear drama Manhattan. Preservation marks his second film as writer-director following 2008’s Home Movie. Pablo Schreiber (Orange Is The New Black, The Wire), Aaron Staton (Mad Men), and Wrenn Schmidt (Boardwalk Empire) star in the tale of brothers Sean and Mike, who embark on a hunting trip deep into an overgrown nature preserve with Mike’s wife. When the trio finds their gear stolen, fear and paranoia take over. Preservation debuted in April at the Tribeca Film Festival, where the Orchard also picked up horror pic The Canal. As with that October 10 release, the Orchard will co-market Preservation with horror brand Shock Til You Drop. Preservation will open in a 10-market theatrical run along with digital, cable, home video, and satellite premiere in January. Present Pictures’ Jennifer Dubin and Cora Olson are co-producers on the film. The Orchard’s Craig Sussman negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
The Orchard Acquires Survival Thriller ‘Preservation’
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Business News
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Bob Iger: Disney’s Making Long Plans For ‘Star Wars,’ But He’s “Serious” About Leaving…
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- Ron Meyer To Deliver USC Film School Commencement Speech
- Damien Chazelle, Jordan Peele & Oprah Winfrey On Produced By Conference Roster