EXCLUSIVE: Adam Robitel has been tapped to script horror feature Cropsey for Peter Facinelli and Rob DeFranco’s A7SLE Films. The picture takes a fresh look at the mythology of the Cropsey Maniac, the boogeyman of campfire lore who has terrorized the minds of youngsters for decades. The Cropsey urban legend also inspired a 2009 documentary. Further details of the A7SLE Films project are under wraps, but it joins true-tale horror project The Devil’s Rooming House on A7SLE’s slate and also will be produced by Old Lime’s Kevin Sisti and Ray Esposito. Robitel’s genre credits include spec script The Bloody Benders, which was optioned by Guillermo del Toro’s Necropia Entertainment and Don Murphy and Susan Montford’s Angry Films, and medical documentary/possession pic The Taking Of Deborah Logan, which Robitel wrote and directed. Robitel is repped by Zero Gravity Management.
Peter Facinelli’s A7SLE Films Hires ‘Cropsey’ Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Latest Film News
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Paramount Pictures Taps Writer Barbara Curry For Dating App Killer Feature ‘Gasp’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Joins Voice Cast Of Open Road’s ‘Playmobil’