HBO has put in development Elisabeth, an hourlong romantic drama that has Patricia Clarkson attached to star and executive produce. The series, set in the world of international politics, hails from Canadian filmmaker Ruba Nadda and Alan Poul. Nadda will write the script, direct the potential pilot and executive produce alongside Clarkson and Poul. This marks the third collaboration between Clarkson and Nadda. The CAA-repped actress starred in Nadda’s Cairo Time, which won Best Canadian Film at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, and in Nadda’s latest movie, October Gale, set to premiere at this year’s TIFF. Elisabeth also reunites Clarkson with HBO and Poul; she had a recurring role on the network’s acclaimed drama Six Feet Under, which Poul executive produced. WME-repped Poul has a long history at HBO, where he also has worked as a director-producer on Rome, Big Love and, most recently, The Newsroom. Nadda is repped by Gersh, Untitled Entertainment and by Del, Shaw, Moonves.
HBO Developing Drama Starring Patricia Clarkson From Ruba Nadda & Alan Poul
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Talks ‘Cocaine Godmother’ & True Ambition – Mipcom
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute