HBO has put in development Elisabeth, an hourlong romantic drama that has Patricia Clarkson attached to star and executive produce. The series, set in the world of international politics, hails from Canadian filmmaker Ruba Nadda and Alan Poul. Nadda will write the script, direct the potential pilot and executive produce alongside Clarkson and Poul. This marks the third collaboration between Clarkson and Nadda. The CAA-repped actress starred in Nadda’s Cairo Time, which won Best Canadian Film at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, and in Nadda’s latest movie, October Gale, set to premiere at this year’s TIFF. Elisabeth also reunites Clarkson with HBO and Poul; she had a recurring role on the network’s acclaimed drama Six Feet Under, which Poul executive produced. WME-repped Poul has a long history at HBO, where he also has worked as a director-producer on Rome, Big Love and, most recently, The Newsroom. Nadda is repped by Gersh, Untitled Entertainment and by Del, Shaw, Moonves.
HBO Developing Drama Starring Patricia Clarkson From Ruba Nadda & Alan Poul
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Brother’ Commissioner Steve Regan Set To Leave Viacom’s UK Net Channel 5
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms