HBO has put in development Elisabeth, an hourlong romantic drama that has Patricia Clarkson attached to star and executive produce. The series, set in the world of international politics, hails from Canadian filmmaker Ruba Nadda and Alan Poul. Nadda will write the script, direct the potential pilot and executive produce alongside Clarkson and Poul. This marks the third collaboration between Clarkson and Nadda. The CAA-repped actress starred in Nadda’s Cairo Time, which won Best Canadian Film at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, and in Nadda’s latest movie, October Gale, set to premiere at this year’s TIFF. Elisabeth also reunites Clarkson with HBO and Poul; she had a recurring role on the network’s acclaimed drama Six Feet Under, which Poul executive produced. WME-repped Poul has a long history at HBO, where he also has worked as a director-producer on Rome, Big Love and, most recently, The Newsroom. Nadda is repped by Gersh, Untitled Entertainment and by Del, Shaw, Moonves.
HBO Developing Drama Starring Patricia Clarkson From Ruba Nadda & Alan Poul
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Weekend Update’ Ratings Steady, ‘Beat Shazam’ Up & ‘Big Brother’ Tops Night
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London