HBO has put in development Elisabeth, an hourlong romantic drama that has Patricia Clarkson attached to star and executive produce. The series, set in the world of international politics, hails from Canadian filmmaker Ruba Nadda and Alan Poul. Nadda will write the script, direct the potential pilot and executive produce alongside Clarkson and Poul. This marks the third collaboration between Clarkson and Nadda. The CAA-repped actress starred in Nadda’s Cairo Time, which won Best Canadian Film at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, and in Nadda’s latest movie, October Gale, set to premiere at this year’s TIFF. Elisabeth also reunites Clarkson with HBO and Poul; she had a recurring role on the network’s acclaimed drama Six Feet Under, which Poul executive produced. WME-repped Poul has a long history at HBO, where he also has worked as a director-producer on Rome, Big Love and, most recently, The Newsroom. Nadda is repped by Gersh, Untitled Entertainment and by Del, Shaw, Moonves.
HBO Developing Drama Starring Patricia Clarkson From Ruba Nadda & Alan Poul
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot