EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case