EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’ — Global…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home