EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Tom Hiddleston Returning To Comic-Con With Legendary’s ‘Kong: Skull Island’
- Daniel Craig In Talks To Star In L.A. Riots Pic ‘Kings’ Opposite Halle Berry
- ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel Adds ‘Captain Phillips’ Co-Star Barkhad Abdi
- Morgan Spurlock To Direct Movie On Hollywood Superagent Sue Mengers
- Truth Entertainment Finds Next Project In ‘Team Joy’
- William Hurt To Star Opposite Helen Hunt In ‘Live Like Line’