EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions have offered the villain role in the Christopher McQuarrie-directed Mission: Impossible 5 to Sean Harris. They are negotiating, though I’m being told don’t dress for it just yet. The Troika-repped British actor is best known for his work in The Borgias, and for such films as Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, 24 Hour Party People and Red Riding Trilogy. Pic has Tom Cruise reprising as Ethan Hunt, and Jeremy Renner and the rest of the crew coming back. The last installment grossed $695 million, the most in Cruise’s long leading man career. Stay tuned on Harris.
Paramount Courts Sean Harris For ‘Mission: Impossible 5’ Villainy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ Pushed To 2019
- Norwegian Hit ‘The King’s Choice’ Gets Royal Welcome In N.A. Bow
- Gerard Butler Reteams With Millennium Films For Threequel ‘Angel Has Fallen’
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council