A jury today ordered CBS Corp to pay more than $10 million to the widow and children of a security guard who was killed on the set of NCIS in February 2011. Julio Villamariona, 52, was hit by a van driven by a CBS employee that was shuttling actors and crew from a parking lot to the set in Santa Clarita, CA. The driver, Ralph Blunt, 60, had passed out behind the wheel and lost control of the vehicle as it went down an embankment. Blunt died en route to a hospital. Production on the drama series was suspended briefly after the February 9, 2011, accident.
‘NCIS’ Security Guard’s Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations