Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons is putting his own spin on the musical competition show format. The singer-bassist, together with Sierra/Engine Television, will be launching Coliseum at MIPCOM next month. Created by Simmons and Chris Philip, CEO of Sierra/Engine Television, Coliseum involves multiple contestants from all musical genres, forming bands to create an unforgettable act. Simmons will coach evolving acts on the show, which will culminate in a battle-of-the-bands concert. The fate of the bands lies in the hands of the Rock Caesar (Simmons) and the crowd. Each week, three guests from the recording industry will provide commentary. On the Croisette, Simmons will be pitching and offering his take on international versions of Coliseum. Sierra/Engine will handle global rights to the series in all media. The format also was developed by the Format People’s Justin Scroggie and Michel Rodrigue. Simmons and Paul Stanley’s docu series 4th And Loud is currently airing on AMC. It takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the inaugural season of the Arena Football League’s L.A. Kiss. For nine seasons, Simmons starred in his own realty series on A&E, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and he also toplined VH1’s Gene Simmons’ Rock School for VH-1 for two seasons.
MIPCOM: Kiss’ Gene Simmons & Sierra/Engine To Fire Up ‘Coliseum’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest International News
- ‘Justice League’ Unites $27.3M After Two Days At International Box Office
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Streaming Service BritBox Launches Xmas Specials and Simulcasts UK Shows
- Al Franken Apologizes After Radio Host Posts Photo Of Him Groping Her During ’06 USO Trip
- NBC Olympics To Live Stream 1,800 Hours Of 2018 Winter Games From South Korea