Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons is putting his own spin on the musical competition show format. The singer-bassist, together with Sierra/Engine Television, will be launching Coliseum at MIPCOM next month. Created by Simmons and Chris Philip, CEO of Sierra/Engine Television, Coliseum involves multiple contestants from all musical genres, forming bands to create an unforgettable act. Simmons will coach evolving acts on the show, which will culminate in a battle-of-the-bands concert. The fate of the bands lies in the hands of the Rock Caesar (Simmons) and the crowd. Each week, three guests from the recording industry will provide commentary. On the Croisette, Simmons will be pitching and offering his take on international versions of Coliseum. Sierra/Engine will handle global rights to the series in all media. The format also was developed by the Format People’s Justin Scroggie and Michel Rodrigue. Simmons and Paul Stanley’s docu series 4th And Loud is currently airing on AMC. It takes viewers behind-the-scenes of the inaugural season of the Arena Football League’s L.A. Kiss. For nine seasons, Simmons starred in his own realty series on A&E, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and he also toplined VH1’s Gene Simmons’ Rock School for VH-1 for two seasons.
MIPCOM: Kiss’ Gene Simmons & Sierra/Engine To Fire Up ‘Coliseum’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest International News
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…
- ‘Black Panther’ Leaps Over $200M Offshore; Where It’s Hot And Where It’s Not
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin