EXCLUSIVE: Katheryn Winnick has joined the cast of Geostorm, the 2016 environmental disaster pic from Warner Bros. and Skydance Productions. Gerard Butler stars as a man sent into space to prevent climate-controlling satellites from creating a cataclysmic storm capable of destroying the planet. Winnick will play Olivia, ex-wife to Jake (Butler) and mother of Hannah. Jim Sturgess, Andy Garcia, Ed Harris, and Abbie Cornish are also starring in the Dean Devlin-helmed picture which Devlin, Skydance Productions, and Electric Entertainment are producing. Devlin has scripting credit with Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney and is gearing up to begin filming next month in New Orleans. Winnick’s recent films include Love And Other Drugs and A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III. She’ll reprise her role as the warrioress Lagertha on History’s Vikings and is repped by CAA.
Katheryn Winnick Boards WB & Skydance’s ‘Geostorm’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox Knew About Bill O'Reilly's Big Sexual Harassment Settlement When They Renewed His Contract - Update
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations