Key auspices behind last season’s ABC drama pilot Sea of Fire are reuniting for another small time mystery drama. The network has put in development an hourlong project written by Jenna Bans, who penned Sea of Fire, from two of the companies behind last year’s pilot, Mandeville Prods. and ABC Studios. The untitled drama follows the return of a politician’s young son who was presumed dead after disappearing over a decade earlier, sending shockwaves throughout their tight knit community. But as the mysterious young man is welcomed back into his family suspicions emerge — is he really who he says he is? Bans executive produces with Mandeville’s David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman and Laurie Zaks. The project stems from Bans and Mandeville’s overall deals at ABC Studios. Both are repped by UTA. Bans, who has worked on Shonda Rhimes’ Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and Scandal and created ABC/ABC Studios’ medical drama Off the Map, is also with Morris Yorn Barnes. This marks Mandeville’s second sale this season, along with character-driven, “true-crime” procedural L.A. Crime, written by Steven Baigelman, also at ABC.
ABC Buys Mystery Drama From Jenna Bans & Mandeville
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations
- NBC Buys ‘Close To Heaven’ Church Comedy From Brad Copeland & Aaron Kaplan With Put Pilot Commitment