James Franco has closed a deal to acquire Rant, the 2007 novel by Fight Club author Chuck Pahlaniuk. Franco is eyeing playing the title role, Buster Rant Casey, a murderous demolition driver who takes part in the Party Crashing derby in a world where people intentionally crash into each other violently to feel, and create a vivid reality of the experience. Franco and his Rabbit Bandini partner Vince Jolivette are looking to have Pamela Romanowsky write the script and direct the film. She is best known for Adderall Diaries, which Franco and Jolivette produced. The book deal was brokered by Resolution and Franco is repped by CAA.
James Franco In Deal For ‘Fight Club’ Author’s ‘Rant’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List