James Franco has closed a deal to acquire Rant, the 2007 novel by Fight Club author Chuck Pahlaniuk. Franco is eyeing playing the title role, Buster Rant Casey, a murderous demolition driver who takes part in the Party Crashing derby in a world where people intentionally crash into each other violently to feel, and create a vivid reality of the experience. Franco and his Rabbit Bandini partner Vince Jolivette are looking to have Pamela Romanowsky write the script and direct the film. She is best known for Adderall Diaries, which Franco and Jolivette produced. The book deal was brokered by Resolution and Franco is repped by CAA.
James Franco In Deal For ‘Fight Club’ Author’s ‘Rant’
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home