Imperative Entertainment, the multi-platform media shingle formed in March by Heroes‘ Tim Kring, Zak Kadison and Bradley Thomas, has pacted with Germany-based publishing company Bastei Lubbe AG on a new joint venture. Both companies will have a 50% stake in Bastei LLC, which will focus on developing new IP for the film, TV and gaming markets. Their slate launches with a quartet of projects: Family drama Capital Gains, set in the high-stakes world of private equity and corporate raiders; Pendulum, a thriller about an unlikely group of people who find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy that could upend Western democracy; Graves, an elevated series tracking a female first-grade teacher who moonlights as a serial killer and the tortured FBI agent on her trail; and The Bay, the San Francisco-set story of a straight-laced cop who teams with his corrupt detective brother to hunt for his daughter’s kidnappers. Imperative’s lineup of projects include the WWII pitch Atlantic Wall, which it will produce with Madhouse Entertainment, and a feature adaptation of the E. Lockhart book We Were Liars.
Imperative Entertainment, Bastei Lubbe AG Form Joint Media Venture
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Business News
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- President Donald Trump On LaVar Ball Diss: “I Should Have Left Them In Jail!”
- Mel Tillis Dies: The Country Music Hall Of Famer And Actor Was 85
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 11 – Kneeling Continues After Veteran’s Day Respite
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched