Coming-of-age drama The Road Within has sold to Well Go USA, which has acquired U.S. rights and is plotting a day-and-date release in theaters and on VOD. Gren Wells scripted and makes her directing debut with the story of three teenage residents at a behavioral clinic — a Tourette’s patient, a rebellious anorexic, and an OCD patient — and the unexpected but life-changing road trip that takes them all by surprise. Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class), Robert Sheehan (The Mortal Instruments), Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire), Robert Patrick (True Blood), and Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) star. Pic debuted this summer at the LA Film Festival and is produced by Bradley Gallo, Michael A. Helfant, Robert L. Stein, Brent Emery and Guy J. Louthan. Executive producers are William Gallo and Viola Jager and co-executive producers are Philip M. Cohen, Raphael Kryszek Carlos Alberto de Oliveira Junior, Alberto Raposo de Oliveira and Allen Church. The deal was negotiated by Well Go USA Entertainment’s Doris Pfardrescher with Ben Weiss and Meghan Oliver of Paradigm Talent Agency on behalf of the filmmakers.
Well Go USA Acquires Gren Wells’ ‘The Road Within’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'