Coming-of-age drama The Road Within has sold to Well Go USA, which has acquired U.S. rights and is plotting a day-and-date release in theaters and on VOD. Gren Wells scripted and makes her directing debut with the story of three teenage residents at a behavioral clinic — a Tourette’s patient, a rebellious anorexic, and an OCD patient — and the unexpected but life-changing road trip that takes them all by surprise. Zoe Kravitz (X-Men: First Class), Robert Sheehan (The Mortal Instruments), Dev Patel (Slumdog Millionaire), Robert Patrick (True Blood), and Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) star. Pic debuted this summer at the LA Film Festival and is produced by Bradley Gallo, Michael A. Helfant, Robert L. Stein, Brent Emery and Guy J. Louthan. Executive producers are William Gallo and Viola Jager and co-executive producers are Philip M. Cohen, Raphael Kryszek Carlos Alberto de Oliveira Junior, Alberto Raposo de Oliveira and Allen Church. The deal was negotiated by Well Go USA Entertainment’s Doris Pfardrescher with Ben Weiss and Meghan Oliver of Paradigm Talent Agency on behalf of the filmmakers.
Well Go USA Acquires Gren Wells’ ‘The Road Within’
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension