EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s drama Gang Related will not be coming back as the network has opted not to renew the undercover drama for a second season. Originally slated for a midseason launch, the action series starring Ramon Rodriguez was given a summer berth instead. It got off to a soft start the last week of May, opening with a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day. The series didn’t grow but developed a core following and was pretty consistent, ending its 13-episode run with a 0.7 in Live+SD despite a lead-in (0.4, encore Sleepy Hollow) that was a quarter of the lead-in for the premiere (1.5, Hell’s Kitchen). Gang Related, about the members of Los Angeles Police Department’s Gang Task Force, came from Chris Morgan, Imagine TV and 20th TV. Its diverse cast also included Jay Hernandez, RZA, Sung Kang and Terry O’Quinn. I hear Fox brass considered bringing the series back but deemed it too heavily serialized for the summer, the only slot available on Fox for the next year.
Fox’s ‘Gang Related’ Cancelled After Summer Run
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series