EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s drama Gang Related will not be coming back as the network has opted not to renew the undercover drama for a second season. Originally slated for a midseason launch, the action series starring Ramon Rodriguez was given a summer berth instead. It got off to a soft start the last week of May, opening with a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day. The series didn’t grow but developed a core following and was pretty consistent, ending its 13-episode run with a 0.7 in Live+SD despite a lead-in (0.4, encore Sleepy Hollow) that was a quarter of the lead-in for the premiere (1.5, Hell’s Kitchen). Gang Related, about the members of Los Angeles Police Department’s Gang Task Force, came from Chris Morgan, Imagine TV and 20th TV. Its diverse cast also included Jay Hernandez, RZA, Sung Kang and Terry O’Quinn. I hear Fox brass considered bringing the series back but deemed it too heavily serialized for the summer, the only slot available on Fox for the next year.
Fox’s ‘Gang Related’ Cancelled After Summer Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series