EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s drama Gang Related will not be coming back as the network has opted not to renew the undercover drama for a second season. Originally slated for a midseason launch, the action series starring Ramon Rodriguez was given a summer berth instead. It got off to a soft start the last week of May, opening with a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day. The series didn’t grow but developed a core following and was pretty consistent, ending its 13-episode run with a 0.7 in Live+SD despite a lead-in (0.4, encore Sleepy Hollow) that was a quarter of the lead-in for the premiere (1.5, Hell’s Kitchen). Gang Related, about the members of Los Angeles Police Department’s Gang Task Force, came from Chris Morgan, Imagine TV and 20th TV. Its diverse cast also included Jay Hernandez, RZA, Sung Kang and Terry O’Quinn. I hear Fox brass considered bringing the series back but deemed it too heavily serialized for the summer, the only slot available on Fox for the next year.
Fox’s ‘Gang Related’ Cancelled After Summer Run
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- 'How To Get Away With Murder' Ends Fall Run On High Ratings Note, 'Reign' Hits Low
- Jimmy Fallon, John Krasinski And Stephen Merchant To Produce & Perform On Lip Sync Battle Series For Spike