EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s drama Gang Related will not be coming back as the network has opted not to renew the undercover drama for a second season. Originally slated for a midseason launch, the action series starring Ramon Rodriguez was given a summer berth instead. It got off to a soft start the last week of May, opening with a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day. The series didn’t grow but developed a core following and was pretty consistent, ending its 13-episode run with a 0.7 in Live+SD despite a lead-in (0.4, encore Sleepy Hollow) that was a quarter of the lead-in for the premiere (1.5, Hell’s Kitchen). Gang Related, about the members of Los Angeles Police Department’s Gang Task Force, came from Chris Morgan, Imagine TV and 20th TV. Its diverse cast also included Jay Hernandez, RZA, Sung Kang and Terry O’Quinn. I hear Fox brass considered bringing the series back but deemed it too heavily serialized for the summer, the only slot available on Fox for the next year.
Fox’s ‘Gang Related’ Cancelled After Summer Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'