Walt Disney Animation Studios has unveiled plans for Frozen Fever, a short film debuting in the spring that will feature characters from the No. 1 animated movie of all time. Directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, the Frozen spinoff will feature Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and snowman Olaf along with a new original song by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, who wrote the Oscar-winning Frozen hit “Let It Go.” In Frozen Fever, it’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever. But Elsa’s icy powers might put more than just the party at risk. The announcement was made tonight during the ABC making-of special The Story of Frozen: Making An Animated Classic.
Disney Defrosts New ‘Frozen’ Short For 2015
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reactions, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016