After making its world premiere in Toronto, François Ozon’s The New Girlfriend has inked U.S. distribution with Cohen Media Group. The Hitchcockian romance is adapted from the story by British suspense writer Ruth Rendell about Claire (Anaïs Demoustier), who discovers a surprising secret about her late best friend’s husband (Romain Duris) that tests the boundaries of sexual and gender identity. French company Mandarin Cinema produced the pic from the prolific Ozon (In The House, Swimming Pool, Under The Sand). CMG EVP John Kochman and Films Distribution co-founder Nicolas Brigaud Robert negotiated the deal. The New Girlfriend won the Sebastian 2014 Award last week at the San Sebastian Film Festival, where it screened in competition.
Toronto: François Ozon’s ‘The New Girlfriend’ Goes To Cohen Media Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 80+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest Film News
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Star Zazie Beetz: “Heart Has Been Breaking” Over Stuntwoman Death
- ‘Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’ Director Simon West To Helm ‘Tsunami LA’
- ‘Star Wars’ Obi-Wan Kenobi Movie In Works With Stephen Daldry In Early Talks To Direct
- Brendan Coyle Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’; Michael Harney Cast In ‘Widows’