A statue of Ed Sullivan worth about $45,000 was taken from its pedestal at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza in North Hollywood on Sunday. The solid bronze statue, which weighs about 20 pounds and stands 18 inches tall, was being displayed in an outdoor exhibit, along with several other TV personalities and pioneers who have been inducted into the Academy’s Hall of Fame. The LAPD considers it grand theft, and burglary detectives are asking for the public’s help in recovering the Sullivan piece. Tipsters can call them at (818) 623-4081 or anonymously at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
TV Academy’s Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest TV News
- Can Sundance Love Save Sitcom ‘Downward Dog’ From Summer
- ‘Star’: Missy Elliott & Rickey Smiley To Guest Star On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series
- SAG Awards Presenters: Rashida Jones, Steven Yeun, ‘Stranger Things’ Cast & Others Join
- NBC Orders Virtual Reality Thriller Drama Pilot From ‘Extant’ Creator & Amblin TV
- Pilot Season 2017: How Many Pilots Is Each Network Ordering?
- Bill Maher Bags Record ‘Real Time’ Kickoff Numbers On Donald Trump Inauguration Day