A statue of Ed Sullivan worth about $45,000 was taken from its pedestal at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza in North Hollywood on Sunday. The solid bronze statue, which weighs about 20 pounds and stands 18 inches tall, was being displayed in an outdoor exhibit, along with several other TV personalities and pioneers who have been inducted into the Academy’s Hall of Fame. The LAPD considers it grand theft, and burglary detectives are asking for the public’s help in recovering the Sullivan piece. Tipsters can call them at (818) 623-4081 or anonymously at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
TV Academy’s Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Remembers Jonathan Demme: “I’ve Known Few Like Him”, Says Ron Howard
- ‘Scream’: Queen Latifah & New Showrunner Join Season 3 Revamp
- ‘Strike Back’: Cinemax Rounds Out Cast As Season 5 Production Begins
- Donald Trump Oddly Pronounces “Nazis”, Seth Meyers Takes Note
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- AMC Networks Teaming With Charter To Co-Produce Original Content