A statue of Ed Sullivan worth about $45,000 was taken from its pedestal at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza in North Hollywood on Sunday. The solid bronze statue, which weighs about 20 pounds and stands 18 inches tall, was being displayed in an outdoor exhibit, along with several other TV personalities and pioneers who have been inducted into the Academy’s Hall of Fame. The LAPD considers it grand theft, and burglary detectives are asking for the public’s help in recovering the Sullivan piece. Tipsters can call them at (818) 623-4081 or anonymously at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).
TV Academy’s Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mariah’s World’: Mariah Carey’s E! Series Premiere Draws 4 Million Total Viewers
- 21st Century Fox Reaches Preliminary Deal To Acquire UK’s Sky
- HBO Developing Space Drama From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot & Writer Javier Gullón
- ‘Duck Dynasty’s Gurney Productions Founders Fired & Sued For Fraud By ITV
- Chiefs Win Sees ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Fall, ‘Pitch’ Up, ‘Notorious’ Low
- Cinemax Returns To Action, Pulpy Series & Co-Prods In New Programming Strategy