Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond recounts his first full day at the 2014 Toronto Film Festival. For Hammond, Weinstein Co.’s Bill Murray comedy St. Vincent has awards potential, while the premiere of James Gandolfini’s last film The Drop from Fox Searchlight drew a moving reception. Here’s Hammond’s take on both titles.
DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Hammond Praises ‘St. Vincent’, Touched By ‘The Drop’
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Awardsline News
- Oscar 2019 Key Dates: Academy And ABC Unveil Timeline
- Chita Rivera & Andrew Lloyd Webber To Score Lifetime Achievement Tony Awards
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- ‘SMILF’s Frankie Shaw On Season 2’s Risks, Tackling Sexual Abuse & That Title – Next…
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Returns: Emmy Comedy Best Actor Contenders & More
- ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, John Oliver & ‘SNL’ Among Peabody Winners