EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis has boarded psychological thriller Mine from writer-directors Fabio Guaglione and Fabio Resinaro, the team behind award-winning short Afterville. Armie Hammer stars as Mike, a soldier who finds himself stranded in the desert after a failed assassination mission. There, he has to survive many dangers while also battling the psychological toll of his situation. Wallis will play Jenny, the girlfriend with whom Mike has a complicated relationship. The desire to reconcile with her helps him endure. Peter Safran is producing through The Safran Company. Production starts this month in the Canary Islands. Wallis has been keeping busy of late, segueing from television to film in the U.S. and the UK. Her credits include Pan Am, along with Peaky Blinders, X-Men: First Class and the upcoming Conjuring spinoff, Annabelle, which opens domestically on October 3. She’s also one of the female leads opposite Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Strong in Sony comedy Grimsby. Wallis is repped in the U.S. by ICM Partners and Untitled Entertainment, and by United Agents in the UK.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller ‘Mine’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into The…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident