After renewing three of its four new summer original scripted series, drama The Night Shift and comedies Undateable and Welcome To Sweden, NBC fell short of a full sweep, opting not to continue with family/legal comedy Working The Engels. The U.S.-Canadian half-hour, picked up straight-to-series under NBC’s deal with Halfire-CORE Entertainment, is being pulled from the schedule after five airings, with NBC double pumping Welcome To Sweden in the Thursday 9 PM hour tonight. The Canadian-made Working The Engels, from Shaw Media and Halfire-CORE, opened with 2.7 million viewers, dropping to 1.9 million for its two most recent airings. Even without the yanking of Working The Engels from the schedule, the series didn’t have long-term prospects at NBC as its Canadian network, Global TV, which aired all 12 episodes from Season 1 in the spring, was not expected to proceed with a second season, making a renewal by NBC virtually impossible.
NBC Cancels ‘Working The Engels’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot