After renewing three of its four new summer original scripted series, drama The Night Shift and comedies Undateable and Welcome To Sweden, NBC fell short of a full sweep, opting not to continue with family/legal comedy Working The Engels. The U.S.-Canadian half-hour, picked up straight-to-series under NBC’s deal with Halfire-CORE Entertainment, is being pulled from the schedule after five airings, with NBC double pumping Welcome To Sweden in the Thursday 9 PM hour tonight. The Canadian-made Working The Engels, from Shaw Media and Halfire-CORE, opened with 2.7 million viewers, dropping to 1.9 million for its two most recent airings. Even without the yanking of Working The Engels from the schedule, the series didn’t have long-term prospects at NBC as its Canadian network, Global TV, which aired all 12 episodes from Season 1 in the spring, was not expected to proceed with a second season, making a renewal by NBC virtually impossible.
NBC Cancels ‘Working The Engels’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'