After four seasons, it really was all about a man and a degenerate dog and a big reveal teased in the very first show. Hitting a season high for its last 10-episode run, the August 13 series finale of Wilfred was a long way from its 2011 debut. For one thing, the series starring Elijah Wood and Jason Gann started on FX and ended on FXX. For another, Wilfred’s debuted to 2.5 million viewers on June 25, 2011, and ended its first season that September 8 with a total audience of 900,000. This year on its new home, the comedy based on Gann’s two-season Australian series launched its final season June 25 to 242,000 total viewers and 195,000 among the 18-49 demo, according to Live+3 ratings. After an original lead-in, Wilfred’s last show at 10:30 PM August 13 had 250,000 total viewers in Live+Same Day. That number went up 61% to 404,000 in Live+3. In terms of the key demo, Wilfred’s last show had a strong turnout of 323,000 in DVR’d results – also a season high for the series.
FXX’s ‘Wilfred’ Series Finale Hits Season High
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest