Elijah Wood and Sasha Grey star for Spanish helmer Nacho Vigalondo (Timecrimes, Extraterrestrial, The ABCs of Death) in Open Windows, an internet age suspense thriller presented through the lens of a computer desktop. Call it high tech Hitchcock: Wood stars as Nick, a superfan who’s won a dinner with his favorite actress, Jill Goddard (Grey). When she refuses the date a mysterious third party offers Nick a chance to watch Jill secretly through her webcam, sparking a terrifying cat and mouse game. The real-time thriller premiered in March at SXSW and was partially filmed at Austin’s annual Fantastic Fest where Vigalondo and Wood are frequent guests. Fantastic Fest’s 2014 edition kicks off September 18 and will host the U.S. premiere of anthology threequel V/H/S Viral, for which Vigalondo directed a segment. Cinedigm will peel back the curtain on Open Windows first on VOD on October 2, then in theaters November 7. Check out the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Open Windows’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Trangender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure
- Art Directors Guild Sets Trio For Lifetime Achievement Award
- ‘Force Awakens’ Star John Boyega On Managing High Expectations For ‘Star Wars’