Multiple Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub (Monk) has been tapped for a recurring role opposite Edie Falco in the seventh season of Showtime comedy Nurse Jackie. Shalhoub will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss, Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Falco) something she desperately needs – a friend. Shalhoub received four Emmy noms and three wins for his starring role as obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk in USA’s Monk. He also appeared on TV’s Wings and on the film side can currently be seen in No. 1 box office hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Other film credits include Men In Black 1 and 2, Big Night, Made Up, Barton Fink, and Cars 1 and 2. On Broadway, Shalhoub received Tony noms forAct One, Golden Boy, Lend Me a Tenor, Conversations with My Father, The Heidi Chronicles and The Odd Couple.
Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime’s ‘Nurse Jackie’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC