Multiple Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub (Monk) has been tapped for a recurring role opposite Edie Falco in the seventh season of Showtime comedy Nurse Jackie. Shalhoub will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss, Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Falco) something she desperately needs – a friend. Shalhoub received four Emmy noms and three wins for his starring role as obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk in USA’s Monk. He also appeared on TV’s Wings and on the film side can currently be seen in No. 1 box office hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Other film credits include Men In Black 1 and 2, Big Night, Made Up, Barton Fink, and Cars 1 and 2. On Broadway, Shalhoub received Tony noms forAct One, Golden Boy, Lend Me a Tenor, Conversations with My Father, The Heidi Chronicles and The Odd Couple.
Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime’s ‘Nurse Jackie’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years