Multiple Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub (Monk) has been tapped for a recurring role opposite Edie Falco in the seventh season of Showtime comedy Nurse Jackie. Shalhoub will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss, Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Falco) something she desperately needs – a friend. Shalhoub received four Emmy noms and three wins for his starring role as obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk in USA’s Monk. He also appeared on TV’s Wings and on the film side can currently be seen in No. 1 box office hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Other film credits include Men In Black 1 and 2, Big Night, Made Up, Barton Fink, and Cars 1 and 2. On Broadway, Shalhoub received Tony noms forAct One, Golden Boy, Lend Me a Tenor, Conversations with My Father, The Heidi Chronicles and The Odd Couple.
Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime’s ‘Nurse Jackie’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dory' Ruling Independence Day B.O. With $52M+; 'Purge: Election Year' Slaying 'Tarzan', 'BFG' With $31M+
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Hacker Pleads Guilty To Stealing Info From L.A. Celebrities
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Returns Steady As ‘Roadies’ Debuts Low In Live+3
- ‘Code Black’ Adds Nafessa Williams, Noah Gray-Cabey & Emily Tyra For Season 2
- ‘The Daily Show’ Bids Farewell To Jessica Williams With Highlight Reel & Hugs
- ‘Greatest Hits’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Big Brother’ Steady As ‘Spartan’ Soars
- Amazon, PBS Extend & Expand Streaming Deal For Kids Series