Multiple Emmy winner Tony Shalhoub (Monk) has been tapped for a recurring role opposite Edie Falco in the seventh season of Showtime comedy Nurse Jackie. Shalhoub will play Dr. Bernard Prince, a new ER doctor who has a great bedside manner, a special touch with his boss, Gloria Akalitus (Anna Deavere Smith), and who offers Jackie (Falco) something she desperately needs – a friend. Shalhoub received four Emmy noms and three wins for his starring role as obsessive-compulsive detective Adrian Monk in USA’s Monk. He also appeared on TV’s Wings and on the film side can currently be seen in No. 1 box office hit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Other film credits include Men In Black 1 and 2, Big Night, Made Up, Barton Fink, and Cars 1 and 2. On Broadway, Shalhoub received Tony noms forAct One, Golden Boy, Lend Me a Tenor, Conversations with My Father, The Heidi Chronicles and The Odd Couple.
Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime’s ‘Nurse Jackie’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”