Writer-director Ned Benson’s film got a 10-minute standing-O at Cannes, where it screened at a single, cut-together narrative piece. That version, called The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby: Them, opens September 12 in limited release — two weeks earlier than originally planned. Now the Weinstein Company says it will bow the complete package, The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby: Him/Her, on October 10. Him/Her is two separate films, starring Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy as a couple whose marriage unravels, told from the man and the woman’s perspective. Nina Arianda, Jess Weixler, Viola Davis, Bill Hader, Ciarán Hinds, Isabelle Huppert and William Hurt co-star. Harvey Weinstein has promised a big awards push for the film and its leads.
Weinstein Co Dates Complete Version Of ‘The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author…
- Kyra Sedgwick, Jeffrey Donovan Join Dark Comedy Film ‘Villains’
- Triple Threat Alexandria Bombach Signs With UTA
- Tessa Thompson Joins Sony’s ‘Men In Black’ Offshoot