Writer-director Ned Benson’s film got a 10-minute standing-O at Cannes, where it screened at a single, cut-together narrative piece. That version, called The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby: Them, opens September 12 in limited release — two weeks earlier than originally planned. Now the Weinstein Company says it will bow the complete package, The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby: Him/Her, on October 10. Him/Her is two separate films, starring Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy as a couple whose marriage unravels, told from the man and the woman’s perspective. Nina Arianda, Jess Weixler, Viola Davis, Bill Hader, Ciarán Hinds, Isabelle Huppert and William Hurt co-star. Harvey Weinstein has promised a big awards push for the film and its leads.
Weinstein Co Dates Complete Version Of ‘The Disappearance Of Eleanor Rigby’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'