Originally announced as a limited series, the ABC drama Black Box will stay that way, with the network opting not to order additional episodes. All 13 produced episodes have aired. Black Box, starring Kelly Reilly as a top neuroscientist who appears to have it all but is constantly haunted by her own struggle with mental illness, got off to a slow start in the Thursday 10 PM slot, opening with a 1.5 rating in adults 18-49. It was subsequently shifted to the less trafficked 8 PM hour where it recently ended its run with a 0.7 in 18-49.
No Second Installment For ABC Drama ‘Black Box’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future