HBO drama pilot Westworld continues to build one of the largest and highest-wattage casts in recent memory. Thandie Newton has closed a deal to co-star in the project, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, Person Of Interest creator Jonathan Nolan, writer Lisa Joy, producer Jerry Weintraub and Warner Bros TV. She joins previously cast Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden and Jeffrey Wright. The casting comes on the heel of DirecTV picking up Newton’s drama series Rogue for 20 more episodes. Newton is boarding Westworld following an agreement between WBTV and Rogue producer Entertainment One. Inspired by Michael Crichton’s 1973 sci-fi movie set at an amusement park, Westworld is described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. Newton, repped by Untitled Entrainment, WME and UK’s Independent, will play the beautiful and razor-sharp Maeve Millay, the Westworld madame whose seen-it-all-before worldview is about to be truly challenged. Also cast in Westworld to date are Rodrigo Santoro, James Marsden, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, Simon Quarterman, Eddie Rouse, Demetrius Grosse, Kyle Bornheimer, Currie Graham, Lena Georgas, Steven Ogg and Timothy Lee DePriest.
Thandie Newton To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘Westworld’
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA