HBO drama pilot Westworld continues to build one of the largest and highest-wattage casts in recent memory. Thandie Newton has closed a deal to co-star in the project, from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot, Person Of Interest creator Jonathan Nolan, writer Lisa Joy, producer Jerry Weintraub and Warner Bros TV. She joins previously cast Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden and Jeffrey Wright. The casting comes on the heel of DirecTV picking up Newton’s drama series Rogue for 20 more episodes. Newton is boarding Westworld following an agreement between WBTV and Rogue producer Entertainment One. Inspired by Michael Crichton’s 1973 sci-fi movie set at an amusement park, Westworld is described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. Newton, repped by Untitled Entrainment, WME and UK’s Independent, will play the beautiful and razor-sharp Maeve Millay, the Westworld madame whose seen-it-all-before worldview is about to be truly challenged. Also cast in Westworld to date are Rodrigo Santoro, James Marsden, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, Angela Sarafyan, Simon Quarterman, Eddie Rouse, Demetrius Grosse, Kyle Bornheimer, Currie Graham, Lena Georgas, Steven Ogg and Timothy Lee DePriest.
Thandie Newton To Co-Star In HBO Pilot ‘Westworld’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- Tyra Banks Panel Talk Show To Launch In Fall 2015 On ABC Stations
- ABC Buys Bookclub Comedy From Patti Carr, Lara Olsen & Eva Longoria
- Pitbull To Return As Host Of American Music Awards