Paramount left it to Arnold Schwarzenegger today to unveil the next evolution in SkyNet grammatical convention: The forthcoming Terminator reboot has been officially titled Terminator: Genisys. That’s a slight creative spin on the name the project’s been known by, Terminator: Genesis, but maybe humanity spells differently in the new robot future. Schwarzenegger made the Instagram reveal this morning to his over 646,000 followers, prompting Twitter critiques from guardians of the English language while also launching the film’s official Instagram account, @TerminatorGenisys. Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Byung-hun Lee and J.K. Simmons also star in the Paramount/Skydance pic, which opens July 1, 2015.
Spell Check: Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals New ‘Terminator’ Title
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
- Jesse Metcalfe, More Set For Zombie Vidgame Flick 'Dead Rising'
- Toronto: François Ozon's 'The New Girlfriend' Goes To Cohen Media Group
- Toronto: Focus Acquires Kate Winslet Starrer 'A Little Chaos'
- Jen On Genre: Brawling At Fantastic Fest; Stan Lee Capes His Career With Bollywood Creation