Paramount left it to Arnold Schwarzenegger today to unveil the next evolution in SkyNet grammatical convention: The forthcoming Terminator reboot has been officially titled Terminator: Genisys. That’s a slight creative spin on the name the project’s been known by, Terminator: Genesis, but maybe humanity spells differently in the new robot future. Schwarzenegger made the Instagram reveal this morning to his over 646,000 followers, prompting Twitter critiques from guardians of the English language while also launching the film’s official Instagram account, @TerminatorGenisys. Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Byung-hun Lee and J.K. Simmons also star in the Paramount/Skydance pic, which opens July 1, 2015.
Spell Check: Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals New ‘Terminator’ Title
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets
- Renee Zellweger Set For 'Same Kind Of Different As Me'
- Bella Thorne Joins Animated 'Underdogs'
- 'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Studio Filmmaking