Paramount left it to Arnold Schwarzenegger today to unveil the next evolution in SkyNet grammatical convention: The forthcoming Terminator reboot has been officially titled Terminator: Genisys. That’s a slight creative spin on the name the project’s been known by, Terminator: Genesis, but maybe humanity spells differently in the new robot future. Schwarzenegger made the Instagram reveal this morning to his over 646,000 followers, prompting Twitter critiques from guardians of the English language while also launching the film’s official Instagram account, @TerminatorGenisys. Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, Dayo Okeniyi, Matt Smith, Byung-hun Lee and J.K. Simmons also star in the Paramount/Skydance pic, which opens July 1, 2015.
Spell Check: Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals New ‘Terminator’ Title
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Robert Simonds' New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution
- 'Step Up's Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'
- Michael Ealy To Star In 'A Civil Right' For Revolution Media
- Aussie Diesel Schwarze Plots 'Ziggy' With Dane DeHaan And Rooney Mara