VH1′s popular T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle reality series is becoming a franchise. I’ve learned that the cable network has greenlighted a spinoff show from The Family Hustle, whose fourth season returns on Monday. Tentatively titled Weave Trip, the eight-episode series, now in production, stars T.I.’s wife, Tameka “Tiny” Harris, and her hairdresser friend, Family Hustle standout Shekinah Jo. The duo decide to open a mobile hair salon in Los Angeles and get a salon truck built in their hometown of Atlanta. Tiny and Shekinah then proceed to drive it across the country from Atlanta to Los Angeles. I hear Weave Trip, said to be in the vein of The Simple Life, is slated to air in October, following the conclusion of Family Hustle’s fourth season. The series is created and executive produced by the Family Hustle team of T.I. and Tiny, 51 Minds’ Christian Sarabia, and Category 5′s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov. Family Hustle is one of VH1 strongest unscripted series, with its current fourth season opening to 2.24 million viewers and 1.53 million adults 18-49 in April.
VH1 Orders ‘T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle’ Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup