VH1’s popular T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle reality series is becoming a franchise. I’ve learned that the cable network has greenlighted a spinoff show from The Family Hustle, whose fourth season returns on Monday. Tentatively titled Weave Trip, the eight-episode series, now in production, stars T.I.’s wife, Tameka “Tiny” Harris, and her hairdresser friend, Family Hustle standout Shekinah Jo. The duo decide to open a mobile hair salon in Los Angeles and get a salon truck built in their hometown of Atlanta. Tiny and Shekinah then proceed to drive it across the country from Atlanta to Los Angeles. I hear Weave Trip, said to be in the vein of The Simple Life, is slated to air in October, following the conclusion of Family Hustle’s fourth season. The series is created and executive produced by the Family Hustle team of T.I. and Tiny, 51 Minds’ Christian Sarabia, and Category 5’s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov. Family Hustle is one of VH1 strongest unscripted series, with its current fourth season opening to 2.24 million viewers and 1.53 million adults 18-49 in April.
VH1 Orders ‘T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle’ Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong