VH1’s popular T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle reality series is becoming a franchise. I’ve learned that the cable network has greenlighted a spinoff show from The Family Hustle, whose fourth season returns on Monday. Tentatively titled Weave Trip, the eight-episode series, now in production, stars T.I.’s wife, Tameka “Tiny” Harris, and her hairdresser friend, Family Hustle standout Shekinah Jo. The duo decide to open a mobile hair salon in Los Angeles and get a salon truck built in their hometown of Atlanta. Tiny and Shekinah then proceed to drive it across the country from Atlanta to Los Angeles. I hear Weave Trip, said to be in the vein of The Simple Life, is slated to air in October, following the conclusion of Family Hustle’s fourth season. The series is created and executive produced by the Family Hustle team of T.I. and Tiny, 51 Minds’ Christian Sarabia, and Category 5’s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov. Family Hustle is one of VH1 strongest unscripted series, with its current fourth season opening to 2.24 million viewers and 1.53 million adults 18-49 in April.
VH1 Orders ‘T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle’ Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series