VH1’s popular T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle reality series is becoming a franchise. I’ve learned that the cable network has greenlighted a spinoff show from The Family Hustle, whose fourth season returns on Monday. Tentatively titled Weave Trip, the eight-episode series, now in production, stars T.I.’s wife, Tameka “Tiny” Harris, and her hairdresser friend, Family Hustle standout Shekinah Jo. The duo decide to open a mobile hair salon in Los Angeles and get a salon truck built in their hometown of Atlanta. Tiny and Shekinah then proceed to drive it across the country from Atlanta to Los Angeles. I hear Weave Trip, said to be in the vein of The Simple Life, is slated to air in October, following the conclusion of Family Hustle’s fourth season. The series is created and executive produced by the Family Hustle team of T.I. and Tiny, 51 Minds’ Christian Sarabia, and Category 5’s Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov. Family Hustle is one of VH1 strongest unscripted series, with its current fourth season opening to 2.24 million viewers and 1.53 million adults 18-49 in April.
VH1 Orders ‘T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle’ Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins