ABC Family has picked up a fourth season of original drama series Switched at Birth. The third season finale of the Peabody Award-winning series airs next Monday. Switched at Birth was a breakout when it launched in 2011 and has done solid business since. It ranks as cable TV’s No. 1 series in its time period in key female demos. “Fans will be clamoring for season four and to know what happens with Daphne and Bay after the season three finale next week,” said Tom Ascheim, President ABC Family. Switched at Birth tells the story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. The series is executive-produced by Lizzy Weiss and Paul Stupin.
ABC Family’s ‘Switched at Birth’ Renewed For Fourth Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Veep' EP On Season 5 Finale, What's Next For Julia Louis-Dreyfus, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Return & Hugh Laurie
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Dory' Posts Record Second Weekend For Animated Movie As Fireworks Die For 'Resurgence'; 'Shallows' Chomps $16M+
Latest TV News
- ‘Midnight, Texas’: Jason Lewis Promoted To Regular On New NBC Drama Series
- ‘Total Bellas’ Gets Premiere Date On E!
- ‘Baby Daddy’ Renewed For Sixth Season By Freeform
- MGM & 20th Century Fox Renew Home Entertainment Deal
- Adult Swim Launches First Full-Length TV Episode On Vine
- Wall Street Weighs Lionsgate-Starz Possibilities As Deal Talk Continues