EXCLUSIVE: In what is for my money the most consistently entertaining movie franchise culled from a video game, Resident Evil has spanned five films, anchored by the unstoppable heroine Alice. Well, she’s not entirely unstoppable. Milla Jovovich is pregnant, and she and husband Paul W.S. Anderson and Constantin Film are pushing back to start of the sixth and likely final Resident Evil installment until next year. This will be the second child for Jovovich and Anderson, who wrote and produced all the films and has helmed three of the first five. He’ll direct the next one, but they’re pushing the action-heavy film’s production start to next year. According to Constantin, the pic was set for production this fall in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa, for a 2015 release. They’re pushing back only 10 months. Like I said, Alice is one tough cookie, and Jovovich expects to be back in fighting shape rather quickly. The first five films have grossed $915 million collectively worldwide.
Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones ‘Resident Evil 6’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Comedy Perfect Storm: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'Modern Family' Casts Gear Up For Contract Negotiations
Latest Film News
- Academy OKs New Rules On Oscar Qualifying Runs, Campaigning
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Sets Comic-Con Hall H Appearance
- Gersh Signs ‘Avatar’ Actor & ‘Youth In Oregon’ Director Joel David Moore
- Olivia De Havilland Turning 100: An Appreciation Of A Golden Age Icon
- Harvey Weinstein Writes About His Own Rock-Star Dream As 'Sing Street' Returns To Theaters
- Oscars: Academy Reveals Dates For Nominations & Voting On 89th Annual Awards Show