Steven Weber (Wings) has joined the second season of Syfy drama Helix in a major recurring role. From Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony TV, Helix is a dark thriller about a team of scientists led by Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) that is investigating a possible disease outbreak. Season 2 finds the doctors of the Centers for Disease Control investigating a deadly outbreak of a new disease on a Windjammer cruise ship. Their investigation leads them to a mysterious island inhabited by a cult with the hope of creating a Utopian society. Weber, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Bill Sobel, will play Brother Michael, the charismatic leader of the cult, a brilliant speaker and sermonizer, and also a first-class geneticist.
Steven Weber Joins Syfy’s ‘Helix’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV