Steven Weber (Wings) has joined the second season of Syfy drama Helix in a major recurring role. From Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony TV, Helix is a dark thriller about a team of scientists led by Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) that is investigating a possible disease outbreak. Season 2 finds the doctors of the Centers for Disease Control investigating a deadly outbreak of a new disease on a Windjammer cruise ship. Their investigation leads them to a mysterious island inhabited by a cult with the hope of creating a Utopian society. Weber, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Bill Sobel, will play Brother Michael, the charismatic leader of the cult, a brilliant speaker and sermonizer, and also a first-class geneticist.
Steven Weber Joins Syfy’s ‘Helix’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents Dinner
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
- Major League Baseball Makes Pitch To Speed Up Games