Steven Weber (Wings) has joined the second season of Syfy drama Helix in a major recurring role. From Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony TV, Helix is a dark thriller about a team of scientists led by Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) that is investigating a possible disease outbreak. Season 2 finds the doctors of the Centers for Disease Control investigating a deadly outbreak of a new disease on a Windjammer cruise ship. Their investigation leads them to a mysterious island inhabited by a cult with the hope of creating a Utopian society. Weber, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Bill Sobel, will play Brother Michael, the charismatic leader of the cult, a brilliant speaker and sermonizer, and also a first-class geneticist.
Steven Weber Joins Syfy’s ‘Helix’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Comedy Perfect Storm: 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'Modern Family' Casts Gear Up For Contract Negotiations
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Brother’ Ratings Steady, Michael Phelps’ Olympic Trials Win Spurs Viewership Race
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date On AMC
- Chaotic Good Studios Launches Franchise Lab With Industry Advisory Board; Will Give Writers Ownership In Their Work
- Nancy Grace Leaving HLN “With Full Heart” After 12 Years
- Burt Reynolds & Hal Needham Documentary ‘The Bandit’ Gets Premiere Date On CMT
- European Commission Launches $134M Scheme To Back Film, TV Companies & More