Steven Weber (Wings) has joined the second season of Syfy drama Helix in a major recurring role. From Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony TV, Helix is a dark thriller about a team of scientists led by Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) that is investigating a possible disease outbreak. Season 2 finds the doctors of the Centers for Disease Control investigating a deadly outbreak of a new disease on a Windjammer cruise ship. Their investigation leads them to a mysterious island inhabited by a cult with the hope of creating a Utopian society. Weber, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Bill Sobel, will play Brother Michael, the charismatic leader of the cult, a brilliant speaker and sermonizer, and also a first-class geneticist.
Steven Weber Joins Syfy’s ‘Helix’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations