Steven Weber (Wings) has joined the second season of Syfy drama Helix in a major recurring role. From Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony TV, Helix is a dark thriller about a team of scientists led by Dr. Alan Farragut (Billy Campbell) that is investigating a possible disease outbreak. Season 2 finds the doctors of the Centers for Disease Control investigating a deadly outbreak of a new disease on a Windjammer cruise ship. Their investigation leads them to a mysterious island inhabited by a cult with the hope of creating a Utopian society. Weber, repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment and Bill Sobel, will play Brother Michael, the charismatic leader of the cult, a brilliant speaker and sermonizer, and also a first-class geneticist.
Steven Weber Joins Syfy’s ‘Helix’
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List