William H. Macy’s feature directorial debut Rudderless released its first trailer today, and what sounds like a sorrowful set-up — an ad executive father, Sam, (Billy Crudup), who tragically loses his son — actually appears to be a touching, redemptive and musically toe-tapping film about how he reconciles his loss. After discovering a box of the teenager’s musical demo tapes, Sam is encouraged to form a band and live vicariously through his son’s canon. Anton Yelchin joins in on supporting vocals, with Felicity Huffman, Selena Gomez, Laurence Fishburne, Jamie Chung, Kate Micucci and Macy also starring. Rudderless made its premiere at the closing night of the Sundance Film Festival. Samuel Goldwyn will be releasing the film theatrically, with Paramount Home Media Distribution handling a Digital HD and VOD debut on Oct. 17.
Hot Trailer: Billy Crudup’s Radiant, Folksy Vocals In ‘Rudderless’
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects