William H. Macy’s feature directorial debut Rudderless released its first trailer today, and what sounds like a sorrowful set-up — an ad executive father, Sam, (Billy Crudup), who tragically loses his son — actually appears to be a touching, redemptive and musically toe-tapping film about how he reconciles his loss. After discovering a box of the teenager’s musical demo tapes, Sam is encouraged to form a band and live vicariously through his son’s canon. Anton Yelchin joins in on supporting vocals, with Felicity Huffman, Selena Gomez, Laurence Fishburne, Jamie Chung, Kate Micucci and Macy also starring. Rudderless made its premiere at the closing night of the Sundance Film Festival. Samuel Goldwyn will be releasing the film theatrically, with Paramount Home Media Distribution handling a Digital HD and VOD debut on Oct. 17.
Hot Trailer: Billy Crudup’s Radiant, Folksy Vocals In ‘Rudderless’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest