William H. Macy’s feature directorial debut Rudderless released its first trailer today, and what sounds like a sorrowful set-up — an ad executive father, Sam, (Billy Crudup), who tragically loses his son — actually appears to be a touching, redemptive and musically toe-tapping film about how he reconciles his loss. After discovering a box of the teenager’s musical demo tapes, Sam is encouraged to form a band and live vicariously through his son’s canon. Anton Yelchin joins in on supporting vocals, with Felicity Huffman, Selena Gomez, Laurence Fishburne, Jamie Chung, Kate Micucci and Macy also starring. Rudderless made its premiere at the closing night of the Sundance Film Festival. Samuel Goldwyn will be releasing the film theatrically, with Paramount Home Media Distribution handling a Digital HD and VOD debut on Oct. 17.
Hot Trailer: Billy Crudup’s Radiant, Folksy Vocals In ‘Rudderless’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First