Open Road has set an April 24, 2015 wide release for the Bill Murray-led comedy Rock The Kasbah, about a has-been rock ‘n’ roll manager who takes his last client on a USO tour of Afghanistan and discovers a young local girl with a golden voice, then manages her through Afghanistan’s version of American Idol. Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride and Scott Caan also star in the Barry Levinson-helmed pic, produced by QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Mitch Glazer and scripted by Glazer. Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are exec producers. The April 2015 frame is currently uncontested.
Open Road Sets 2015 Date For ‘Rock The Kasbah’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return