Open Road has set an April 24, 2015 wide release for the Bill Murray-led comedy Rock The Kasbah, about a has-been rock ‘n’ roll manager who takes his last client on a USO tour of Afghanistan and discovers a young local girl with a golden voice, then manages her through Afghanistan’s version of American Idol. Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride and Scott Caan also star in the Barry Levinson-helmed pic, produced by QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Mitch Glazer and scripted by Glazer. Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are exec producers. The April 2015 frame is currently uncontested.
Open Road Sets 2015 Date For ‘Rock The Kasbah’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Latest Film News
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con