Open Road has set an April 24, 2015 wide release for the Bill Murray-led comedy Rock The Kasbah, about a has-been rock ‘n’ roll manager who takes his last client on a USO tour of Afghanistan and discovers a young local girl with a golden voice, then manages her through Afghanistan’s version of American Idol. Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride and Scott Caan also star in the Barry Levinson-helmed pic, produced by QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Mitch Glazer and scripted by Glazer. Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are exec producers. The April 2015 frame is currently uncontested.
Open Road Sets 2015 Date For ‘Rock The Kasbah’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast