Open Road has set an April 24, 2015 wide release for the Bill Murray-led comedy Rock The Kasbah, about a has-been rock ‘n’ roll manager who takes his last client on a USO tour of Afghanistan and discovers a young local girl with a golden voice, then manages her through Afghanistan’s version of American Idol. Bruce Willis, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Danny McBride and Scott Caan also star in the Barry Levinson-helmed pic, produced by QED’s Bill Block, Venture Forth’s Jacob Pechenik, Shangri-La Entertainment’s Steve Bing and Mitch Glazer and scripted by Glazer. Brian Grazer and Tom Freston are exec producers. The April 2015 frame is currently uncontested.
Open Road Sets 2015 Date For ‘Rock The Kasbah’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- F. Gary Gray Expected To Direct ‘Furious 8’
- Petitioners Demand Apology For Theft Of Artifacts By ‘Maze Runner’ Cast
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few