Months after the UK’s National Union of Mineworkers staged a walkout in 1984, strikers in a small Wales town found some unusual and quite unexpected supporters. “A gaggle of gays and lesbians has come out in support of the miners strike,” the newspaper announced. Pride, from director Matthew Warchus and writer Stephen Beresford, tells the story of the unlikely friendships that arose when the culture-clashing sides teamed up. Bill Nighy, Imelda Staunton, Dominic West, Paddy Considine, Andrew Scott, Joseph Gilgun, George MacKay and Ben Schnetzer star in the pic, which CBS Films releases September 19. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Pride’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut