Lionsgate has set a July 22, 2016, release date for Power Rangers, a reboot of the ’90s-spawned action franchise. The Saban Brands pic, which is ditching the “Mighty Morphin” tag of yore, follows a group of ordinary high school kids who find themselves infused with extraterrestrial powers and must harness those powers as a team to save the world. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are penning the script from a story they wrote with exec producer Roberto Orci. The pic will go up against Warner Bros’ King Arthur that weekend, and it’ll arrive less than two months after the next installment of another retro kids property, Paramount’s Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles 2.
‘Power Rangers’ Invades Theaters In Summer 2016
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…