Lionsgate has set a July 22, 2016, release date for Power Rangers, a reboot of the ’90s-spawned action franchise. The Saban Brands pic, which is ditching the “Mighty Morphin” tag of yore, follows a group of ordinary high school kids who find themselves infused with extraterrestrial powers and must harness those powers as a team to save the world. Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are penning the script from a story they wrote with exec producer Roberto Orci. The pic will go up against Warner Bros’ King Arthur that weekend, and it’ll arrive less than two months after the next installment of another retro kids property, Paramount’s Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles 2.
‘Power Rangers’ Invades Theaters In Summer 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims