Starz’s Outlander doesn’t debut until tomorrow, but it has already attracted a lot of eyeballs. As of yesterday, the first episode of the adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s books had been seen 897,372 times by 606,557 unique viewers watching on Starz On Demand, Starz Play, Starz.com, YouTube, and Xfinity On Demand. The pay cabler announced back on July 11 that it would make the Ronald D. Moore-produced premiere available starting August 2. While not the first to make such a move and not even the first time Starz has put a new show up before its broadcast debut — it did so with Black Sails and Power — this is the biggest response the cable channel has gotten for such an off-broadcast preview effort. Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures along with Sony Pictures TV produce the series starring Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan in the male lead role, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish and Lotte Verbee.
‘Outlander’ Premiere Preview Scores For Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton
- Comcast CEO Says Growth From NBCU Businesses Will Offset Lower TV Ratings
- Donald Trump: Oscars Host Jimmy Kimmel “Pulled Out The Race Card” Because “They’re Losing Badly”…