Starz’s Outlander doesn’t debut until tomorrow, but it has already attracted a lot of eyeballs. As of yesterday, the first episode of the adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s books had been seen 897,372 times by 606,557 unique viewers watching on Starz On Demand, Starz Play, Starz.com, YouTube, and Xfinity On Demand. The pay cabler announced back on July 11 that it would make the Ronald D. Moore-produced premiere available starting August 2. While not the first to make such a move and not even the first time Starz has put a new show up before its broadcast debut — it did so with Black Sails and Power — this is the biggest response the cable channel has gotten for such an off-broadcast preview effort. Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures along with Sony Pictures TV produce the series starring Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan in the male lead role, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish and Lotte Verbee.
‘Outlander’ Premiere Preview Scores For Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- AT&T, Justice Department Settlement Talks Over Time Warner Deal Fail