Starz’s Outlander doesn’t debut until tomorrow, but it has already attracted a lot of eyeballs. As of yesterday, the first episode of the adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s books had been seen 897,372 times by 606,557 unique viewers watching on Starz On Demand, Starz Play, Starz.com, YouTube, and Xfinity On Demand. The pay cabler announced back on July 11 that it would make the Ronald D. Moore-produced premiere available starting August 2. While not the first to make such a move and not even the first time Starz has put a new show up before its broadcast debut — it did so with Black Sails and Power — this is the biggest response the cable channel has gotten for such an off-broadcast preview effort. Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures along with Sony Pictures TV produce the series starring Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan in the male lead role, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish and Lotte Verbee.
‘Outlander’ Premiere Preview Scores For Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update