Starz’s Outlander doesn’t debut until tomorrow, but it has already attracted a lot of eyeballs. As of yesterday, the first episode of the adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s books had been seen 897,372 times by 606,557 unique viewers watching on Starz On Demand, Starz Play, Starz.com, YouTube, and Xfinity On Demand. The pay cabler announced back on July 11 that it would make the Ronald D. Moore-produced premiere available starting August 2. While not the first to make such a move and not even the first time Starz has put a new show up before its broadcast debut — it did so with Black Sails and Power — this is the biggest response the cable channel has gotten for such an off-broadcast preview effort. Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures along with Sony Pictures TV produce the series starring Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan in the male lead role, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish and Lotte Verbee.
‘Outlander’ Premiere Preview Scores For Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV
- ‘Son Of Zorn’ Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner Eli Jorne Exits Fox Comedy Series
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…