Starz’s Outlander doesn’t debut until tomorrow, but it has already attracted a lot of eyeballs. As of yesterday, the first episode of the adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s books had been seen 897,372 times by 606,557 unique viewers watching on Starz On Demand, Starz Play, Starz.com, YouTube, and Xfinity On Demand. The pay cabler announced back on July 11 that it would make the Ronald D. Moore-produced premiere available starting August 2. While not the first to make such a move and not even the first time Starz has put a new show up before its broadcast debut — it did so with Black Sails and Power — this is the biggest response the cable channel has gotten for such an off-broadcast preview effort. Tall Ship Productions, Story Mining & Supply Company and Left Bank Pictures along with Sony Pictures TV produce the series starring Caitriona Balfe, Sam Heughan in the male lead role, Tobias Menzies, Graham McTavish and Lotte Verbee.
‘Outlander’ Premiere Preview Scores For Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Trust’ Review: FX’s Jaded Getty Kidnapping Drama Is Criminally Stylish
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Unites Students And Celebrities For Day Of Protest – Highlights
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…
- ‘SuperMansion’: Crackle Unveils Season 3 Trailer, Premiere Date