Netflix’s 10-episode first season of original series Marco Polo will premiere at 12:01 AM PT on December 12. Based on the famed explorer’s adventures in Kublai Khan’s court in 13th century China, Marco Polo stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy Marco. Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Joan Chen (Twin Peaks) and Benedict Wong (Prometheus) also star along with Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu. Creator John Fusco and Harvey Weinstein are exec producers along with Dan Minahan (Game Of Thrones, True Blood) who directed two first season episodes. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg helmed the season’s first two episodes and also serve as exec producers, along with Ben Silverman and Chris Grant of Electus. Patrick MacManus serves as co-executive producer. Collin Creighton produced on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
Netflix’s ‘Marco Polo’ Sets December Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Trailer: Watch HBO’s Murderous Moms Of Monterey
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars
- Shake-Up At ‘Duck Dynasty’ Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On “Temporary Leave Of Absence”…
- ‘Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later’ Adds Anne-Marie Johnson; Matthew McNulty Joins ‘The Terror…
- Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘Empire’ With New Live+3 Ratings High