Netflix’s 10-episode first season of original series Marco Polo will premiere at 12:01 AM PT on December 12. Based on the famed explorer’s adventures in Kublai Khan’s court in 13th century China, Marco Polo stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy Marco. Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Joan Chen (Twin Peaks) and Benedict Wong (Prometheus) also star along with Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu. Creator John Fusco and Harvey Weinstein are exec producers along with Dan Minahan (Game Of Thrones, True Blood) who directed two first season episodes. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg helmed the season’s first two episodes and also serve as exec producers, along with Ben Silverman and Chris Grant of Electus. Patrick MacManus serves as co-executive producer. Collin Creighton produced on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
Netflix’s ‘Marco Polo’ Sets December Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better