Netflix’s 10-episode first season of original series Marco Polo will premiere at 12:01 AM PT on December 12. Based on the famed explorer’s adventures in Kublai Khan’s court in 13th century China, Marco Polo stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy Marco. Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Joan Chen (Twin Peaks) and Benedict Wong (Prometheus) also star along with Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu. Creator John Fusco and Harvey Weinstein are exec producers along with Dan Minahan (Game Of Thrones, True Blood) who directed two first season episodes. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg helmed the season’s first two episodes and also serve as exec producers, along with Ben Silverman and Chris Grant of Electus. Patrick MacManus serves as co-executive producer. Collin Creighton produced on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
Netflix’s ‘Marco Polo’ Sets December Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For Thursday’s ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66
- Eva Longoria To Produce Interracial Family Comedy For ABC
- Deborah Barak Promoted To President Of Business Operations At CBS
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over