Netflix’s 10-episode first season of original series Marco Polo will premiere at 12:01 AM PT on December 12. Based on the famed explorer’s adventures in Kublai Khan’s court in 13th century China, Marco Polo stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy Marco. Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Joan Chen (Twin Peaks) and Benedict Wong (Prometheus) also star along with Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu. Creator John Fusco and Harvey Weinstein are exec producers along with Dan Minahan (Game Of Thrones, True Blood) who directed two first season episodes. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg helmed the season’s first two episodes and also serve as exec producers, along with Ben Silverman and Chris Grant of Electus. Patrick MacManus serves as co-executive producer. Collin Creighton produced on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
Netflix’s ‘Marco Polo’ Sets December Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series