Netflix’s 10-episode first season of original series Marco Polo will premiere at 12:01 AM PT on December 12. Based on the famed explorer’s adventures in Kublai Khan’s court in 13th century China, Marco Polo stars Italian newcomer Lorenzo Richelmy Marco. Zhu Zhu (Cloud Atlas), Joan Chen (Twin Peaks) and Benedict Wong (Prometheus) also star along with Remy Hii, Olivia Cheng, Claudia Kim, Uli Latukefu, Chin Han and Tom Wu. Creator John Fusco and Harvey Weinstein are exec producers along with Dan Minahan (Game Of Thrones, True Blood) who directed two first season episodes. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg helmed the season’s first two episodes and also serve as exec producers, along with Ben Silverman and Chris Grant of Electus. Patrick MacManus serves as co-executive producer. Collin Creighton produced on behalf of The Weinstein Company.
Netflix’s ‘Marco Polo’ Sets December Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
'Sons Of Anarchy' Mayans Spinoff At FX Gets Script Order & Title; Elgin James Joins Kurt Sutter As Co-Creator
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Game Of Thrones’: Season 6 Finale Director Miguel Sapochnik On Military Aesthetic, That Score, And Putting His Stamp On The…
- Fox News Having Highest-Rated Year Ever; Tops Cable Primetime So Far
- Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’ Heading To Comic-Con For Sneak Peek
- Reality Producer Scott St. John Signs With ICM Partners
- Ruben Fleischer Reups Overall Deal With Universal TV
- Paulist Prepping ‘The Innocence Of Joan Little’ Book As Limited Series