EXCLUSIVE: The Antoine Fuqua-directed drama penned by Sons Of Anarchy‘s Kurt Sutter has added Naomie Harris to its cast. The British Skyfall actress last year earned kudos for playing Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for The Weinstein Co., which is also producing boxing drama Southpaw. Story tracks a welterweight champ (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose career soars as his personal life falls apart. Harris will play Angela, a social worker who works with Gyllenhaal’s character and his daughter. She recently wrapped filming on director Susanna White’s Our Kind Of Traitor opposite Ewan McGregor and returns to the 007 franchise to reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 24. Harris is repped by UTA and Untitled and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Naomie Harris Joins Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Southpaw’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Yamato
- 'Zeroville' Adds Seth Rogen, Megan Fox & More; Brad Carter Lands 'The Revenant;' Noah Segan Enlists In 'War Pigs'
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Trailer Smashes Viewing Record; More Footage Coming
- Dark Sky Dips Into Postapocalyptic Thriller 'The Well'
- 'Insidious: Chapter 3′ Scares Up First Teaser – Video
- Kiernan Shipka, Meg Ryan Board Teen Comedy 'Fan Girl'