EXCLUSIVE: The Antoine Fuqua-directed drama penned by Sons Of Anarchy‘s Kurt Sutter has added Naomie Harris to its cast. The British Skyfall actress last year earned kudos for playing Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for The Weinstein Co., which is also producing boxing drama Southpaw. Story tracks a welterweight champ (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose career soars as his personal life falls apart. Harris will play Angela, a social worker who works with Gyllenhaal’s character and his daughter. She recently wrapped filming on director Susanna White’s Our Kind Of Traitor opposite Ewan McGregor and returns to the 007 franchise to reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 24. Harris is repped by UTA and Untitled and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Naomie Harris Joins Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Southpaw’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?