EXCLUSIVE: The Antoine Fuqua-directed drama penned by Sons Of Anarchy‘s Kurt Sutter has added Naomie Harris to its cast. The British Skyfall actress last year earned kudos for playing Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for The Weinstein Co., which is also producing boxing drama Southpaw. Story tracks a welterweight champ (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose career soars as his personal life falls apart. Harris will play Angela, a social worker who works with Gyllenhaal’s character and his daughter. She recently wrapped filming on director Susanna White’s Our Kind Of Traitor opposite Ewan McGregor and returns to the 007 franchise to reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 24. Harris is repped by UTA and Untitled and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Naomie Harris Joins Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Southpaw’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'