EXCLUSIVE: The Antoine Fuqua-directed drama penned by Sons Of Anarchy‘s Kurt Sutter has added Naomie Harris to its cast. The British Skyfall actress last year earned kudos for playing Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for The Weinstein Co., which is also producing boxing drama Southpaw. Story tracks a welterweight champ (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose career soars as his personal life falls apart. Harris will play Angela, a social worker who works with Gyllenhaal’s character and his daughter. She recently wrapped filming on director Susanna White’s Our Kind Of Traitor opposite Ewan McGregor and returns to the 007 franchise to reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 24. Harris is repped by UTA and Untitled and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Naomie Harris Joins Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Southpaw’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- 'Olympus Has Fallen' Scribes To Adapt iPhone Game 'The Drowning'
- Simon Helberg's 'We'll Never Have Paris' Acquired By Orion Releasing
- Fantastic Fest: Dark Sky Acquires Irish Horror 'Let Us Prey'
- Aaron Paul Joins 'The 9th Life Of Louis Drax'
- Marcia Gay Harden Signs With ICM Partners
- UPDATE: Michelle Yeoh, Others Join Cinemax's 'Strike Back' For Fourth & Final Season