EXCLUSIVE: The Antoine Fuqua-directed drama penned by Sons Of Anarchy‘s Kurt Sutter has added Naomie Harris to its cast. The British Skyfall actress last year earned kudos for playing Winnie Mandela in Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for The Weinstein Co., which is also producing boxing drama Southpaw. Story tracks a welterweight champ (Jake Gyllenhaal) whose career soars as his personal life falls apart. Harris will play Angela, a social worker who works with Gyllenhaal’s character and his daughter. She recently wrapped filming on director Susanna White’s Our Kind Of Traitor opposite Ewan McGregor and returns to the 007 franchise to reprise her role as Eve Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 24. Harris is repped by UTA and Untitled and Tavistock Wood Management in the UK.
Naomie Harris Joins Jake Gyllenhaal In ‘Southpaw’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Smuggled $120K & Faces 2.5 Years In Jail After $5M Fraud Case Guilty Plea
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Academy Directors Branch Was Most Aggressive On Diversity: Here’s How
- ‘Riverdale’ Star KJ Apa Joins Boston Marathon Pic ‘Altar Rock’
- #BoycottCinemark Erupts After Exhibitor Asks Aurora Victims To Pay $700K In Legal Fees
- Stuart Nisbet Dies: Extremely Prolific Character Actor Was 82
- Peter Bart: Conglomeration Is Snuffing Out Courage In Hollywood
- Want To Get An Option Deal With Ridley Scott’s Scott Free? Here’s Your Chance