Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television has put together a TV series version of Minority Report to be written by Godzilla scribe Max Borenstein. The project, which is still in very early stages of development, is expected to start the pitch process tomorrow. Directed by Spielberg, the 2002 movie starring Tom Cruise was set in a future where a special police unit is able to arrest murderers before they commit their crimes. The premise is somewhat reminiscent of CBS’ Person Of Interest, in which technology also is used to try to prevent a crime from happening. Borenstein executive produces the Minority Report series with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Given how close Spielberg is to the material considering his involvement in the movie, he also might executive produce. 20th Century Fox TV, whose film studio produced the movie, and Paramount TV are producing the potential series with Amblin TV.
Amblin TV Preps ‘Minority Report’ Series With ‘Godzilla’ Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest TV News
- Dwayne Johnson & Jimmy Fallon Reunite Military Family On ‘Tonight Show’; Real Tears Ensue
- New ‘Sherlock’ S4 Trailer: “What’s The Very Worst Thing You Can Do To Your Very Best Friends?”
- ‘Blue Bloods’ Ratings Top Night, ’20/20′ Falls, ‘Exorcist’ & ‘Crazy Ex’ Even
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- Donald Trump On Role In ‘Celebrity Apprentice’: “Zero Time” But “Big Stake”; Slams CNN As “Fake News”…
- Jimmy Kimmel Skewers President Elect’s Domestic Policy With ‘Trump On A Stump’