Friends With Better Lives executive producer Aaron Kaplan is back at CBS with another multi-camera project, The Brain. The comedy, written and executive produced by Michelle Morgan, was bought by CBS with a script commitment and laid off at CBS TV Studios. It centers on an unintelligent guy who suffers head trauma and turns into a genius. That puts a strain on his family and friends, who liked him better when he was clueless. Kaplan will executive produce for his Kapital Entertainment. Morgan, who also is an actress, wrote the feature Girl Most Likely and is directing a film that she wrote, which Anonymous Content is set to produce. She is with UTA, Kaplan Perrone and attorney Todd Rubenstein. Kaplan recently sold a sibling rivalry multi-camera comedy from FWBL creator Dana Klein to Fox with a put pilot commitment.
CBS Buys Genius Comedy From Michelle Morgan & Aaron Kaplan
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week
- CAA Exploring TV Scripted Operation With Former ABC Boss Paul Lee
- Big Beach Taps Robin Schwartz To Head TV Division